This is Coffee With Larry for Tuesday, July 11, 2023.
This is our daily podcast on all things newsworthy in track and field.
We would like to thank our sponsors, Brooks, New Balance, Fibersport USA and Atlanta Track Club, for their continued support of RunBlogRun.
In this current media environment, the support provides for our writers, photographers, web media team and sites.
Our topics today:
1. The USATF champs was fantastic, four days of track and field chills, spills and thrills.
2. The fans were incredible, coming from all over the country, juggling expensisve airfare, hotels but great meet and celebrating our sport!
3. Loved the 200 meters last night, which captured the crowd.
4. The Mixed zone was busy, and many great interviews from Lets Run, Citius, Track & Field news, Runners World, and many others.
5. Ryan Crouser was incredible as well on Sunday.
6. Abdi Nur ran a 1:53.6 last 800m to cement his win in the 5000m.
7. Elise Cranny used her 1,500m speed to take both the 10,000m and 5,000m over the weekend.
8. Natosha Rogers used her time in Kenya to change her approach, making both the top 3 in the 10,000m and 5,000m.
See you tomorrow for #coffeewithLarry