This is the Coffee with Larry for the January 5, 2023. CWL is our news program, done on almost daily schedule. Thanks for your support!
This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is Coffee with Larry for Thursday, January 5, 2023.
Here are our topics for today:
1. The USATF LA Grand Prix will happen on May 26-27, 2023, at UCLA stadium.
2. Bill Brisco/CEO of Web MD and Bobby Kersee, elite club coach, spoke with RunBlogRun yesterday; watch for the interview on Friday AM.
3. Bill Brisco spoke about managing the meet with a ‘clean piece of paper’, meaning that they wanted to try best practices to promote track & field.
4. Bobby Kersee spoke about, among other things, how we need to promote the sport with media, fans, and TV audiences.
5. I like their approach and will support USATF, Web MD, and Bobby Kersee in the project.
6. Some thoughts on Dick Quax, the great Kiwi distance runner.
7. An early happy birthday wishes to Sir Ian Stewart, whose birthday is January 15, 2023. Ian won European Indoor (3k), outdoor (5000m), and Commonwealth Gold. He also won World Cross and took Olympic bronze. I noted how much Ian, and his teammates Dave Bedford and Brendan Foster have helped build British Athletics.
8. More to come this week.
#coffeewithLarry, #dickquax, #ianstewart, #davidbedford, #usatf, #LosAngelesGrandPrix, #runblogrun